We are looking for a Dean for the School of Computing/IT for one of the Premier IT schools in the country!
The Dean for IT/Computing is responsible for the whole operations of the college.
- Build up the branding and programs to attract more students
- Creating events and academic programs for the school year
- Developing and overseeing policies for the department or college
- Responsible in supervising and overseeing the faculty members – full time and part time
- Stimulate and support excellence and integrity in teaching, learning, and foster a climate that encourages faculty, staff and students to identify and pursue innovation;
- Lead the academic planning process of the Faculty by initiating discussions, defining priorities, and developing and articulating its vision;
- Initiate and oversee activities designed to improve teaching skills within the Faculty and ensure that teaching methods are state-of-the-art;
- Promote the research activities of faculty members and ensure that their contributions to the success of the Faculty of Computing and the institution are known and celebrated within the school and the broader community;
- Ensure cooperative integration among the research centers, support units, and academic units within and related to the Faculty of Computing;
- Continue to seek opportunities to develop and continue interdisciplinary research and teaching initiatives with Faculties and students;
- Ensure effective communication and engagement with students, faculty and staff members;
- Develop, manage and ensure effective administration and accountability of the Faculty’s budget and resources and support, regularly assess and ensure effective Faculty governance;
- Ensure appropriate and efficient organization and assignment of staff responsibilities, effective management, commitment to staff development and administration of collective agreements and personnel policies;
- Ensure recruitment and appointment processes are undertaken with the aim to attract the highest possible caliber of faculty and staff and that the process itself is reflective of equity, diversity and school policy;
- Build effective relationships, promote and advocate for the Faculty to a broad spectrum of associate deans, department chairs, faculty and staff, students, alumni, professional associations, the media, community leaders, and educational and other key institutions, locally, nationally and internationally;
- Participate in the development of the school’s strategy and policy as a member of the school’s senior management team.
- Candidate must possess at least a Post Graduate Diploma / Master’s Degree, Doctorate (PhD), Education/Teaching/Training or equivalent.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience as a Dean or Associate Dean
- Preferably with Master’s Degree. Doctorate (PhD) is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven and good work attitude
- Strong work ethic, organized and detail oriented
- Willing to work in Makati
For faster processing, you can send your updated CV to Anne Sales firstname.lastname@example.org
You can check our hiring requirements at our websites: www.growinc.net and www.facebook.com/growincph